For New Entrant Packs please contact Mrs Kirk at the school office.
Enrolment Form 2022.doc
BYOD (BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE) applies to all students in Years 9-13. Here are some recommendations for parents.
While Apple computers can access the network they have no printing ability and the format of some documents is a problem. Similarly Chromebooks and iPads have limited value within the system.
We strongly recommend a Windows based laptop running Windows 10. The school has student licences for Microsoft Office and these can be installed (You do not need to purchase these).
If students are likely to be needing the laptop through to Polytechnic or University they may want to look at a more powerful 1#-15 processor but even the Year 13 Statistics students manage quite well with basic processors (Celeron etc) as the main demands are word processing, e mail, spreadsheets and internet based programmes requiring only good connectivity.
Ex lease units are available at good prices from several re-sellers but, if buying new you might consider a solid state drive (storage) even though we ask all our students to save work in the Cloud for security.
The portal will give parents/caregivers access to their child’s attendance, monthly Attitude to Learning reports, student finances and student assessment data.
To access the site, please use the following link http://parent.musac.school.nz
Caregivers can log into the portal using their e mail address provided to the school.
Alternatively parents/caregivers can download the MUSAC Edge App onto their mobile device.
Welcome to Maniototo Area School
Kia Ora and Welcome to Maniototo Area School
We wish to warmly welcome you and your family into our school community. Maniototo is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque environments to live in with a strong community network.
As an Area School we pride ourselves in providing our children access to a high quality, seamless, learning community ranging from New Entrants to Year 13.
We want to make your child’s schooling a memorable experience for all involved by keeping parents/caregivers informed and making you feel part of your child’s learning.
We use our unique environment as much as possible, allowing students to experience a variety of activities. We promise to challenge your child throughout their schooling at Maniototo and look forward to sharing their learning journey with you.
Ways you can support your child at School
- Ensure that your child has had a good night’s sleep, has had an adequate breakfast, and is provided with fruit snacks and lunch.
- Take an interest in what your child is doing at school.
- Make sure they have the correct gear / equipment for learning at school
- Ensure your child attends school regularly
- Inform the school if your child will be absent from school
- Read our newsletters and notices sent home
- Provide a suitable time and place at home where you may share your child’s learning experiences
- Provide a quiet space at home to do reading or homework if required.
- Visit the school website for latest information
- Offer your time /skills to help learning in the classroom
- Be a parent help for school visits, Education Outside the Classroom or school camps.
We look forward to welcoming you into our learning community at Maniototo Area School.