Maniototo Area School is a great choice for secondary education.
- Small class sizes
- Personalised learning plans for every senior student including student directed learning on Fridays
- Weekly mentoring sessions
- State of the Art, modern learning environment for Seniors and the promise of more to come!
- Specialised, highly effective teachers who know and care for every student
- An enviable record of placing students in jobs or tertiary institution
- An excellent EOTC programme utilising local, regional and national locations
- Many opportunities for leadership development. Annual places available on the ‘Spirit of Adventure’ and ‘Outward Bound’
- Close friendships with other Area Schools, annual sports tournament
- A small family atmosphere where everyone matters
- Excellent success on the curling rink – opportunities for international travel
- Great opportunities for financial assistance for tertiary education eg. Manu Pounamu award, RSA and Lions awards and Polytechnic scholarships
We are fortunate to have access to an excellent Public Health nurse who we can call in to assist teachers and individual students.
We have regular contact with a Resource Teacher of Literacy & Behaviour (RTLB). Students can be referred to the RTLB for extra support for their learning or their behaviour.
We have access to a chaplain who has had many years of experience dealing with a range of issues.
Students have access to our social worker.
The Youth Education officers from the Central Otago Police are often involved in our Health programmes e.g. DARE, Keeping Ourselves Safe.